November 5, 2009

Caught up in the GAME!

The Triple Crown isn't a mystery to any climber in the South East. I've never heard any bad news about it, always run very smoothly. Here is the situation I'm in.

Rolling up to the first leg on the Triple Crown I knew climbing "advanced" would be a hard task. Being the first time to ever be in NC much less climbing a new area, 10 of my best would be proud. I feel like this mindset is what makes competition fun. I had tons of fun, executing moves in the best manner to save skin and energy. Ending up climbing harder than I ever thought.

Now, here we are at HP40 for the second comp. I have tons of the "advanced" problems wired. I will say I hadn't tried/sent any of them before these past 2 weekends. My chances of screwing up is as good as anyone. This isn't competing, this is winning, with out getting bumped.

Now look at the open category. A competition for me for sure, the guys who will win open will warm up on my projects. This isn't fun either.. But is that how the Advanced guys feel? To know you can't keep up with locals is enough to make me not want to spend the $60 to compete.

I hate the fact that I have to "Down Play" my climbing. Not trying my hardest, just climbing what I have to do to win, and not get bumped. A month ago climbing 1o v6-v8 at hp would have been laughable. It isn't like I have been running a circuit for the past 3 years, and now I wanna get some free gear.

If I win, I sandbagged.. If I lose, I should have done the problems I didn't want to do and get bumped. . . I don't know if I'm cut out for this climbing comp thing.

I'm rambling... What ever, I am going to HP to climb hard, talk shit, and have fun.

2 comments: