October 19, 2009

What is this cold you speak of?

First cold weekend climbing! I actually numbed out on routes Saturday! Felt close on what has turned into my main project. Brooks walked silverback with the worst beta, but strongest form.

Headed to Horse Pens Sunday morning to find the sun bright, temp in the 40's/50's, and the friction super sticky. Everyone was super motivated and trying there hardest. Like they had a secret, and no one else needed to know about it.

Hound Ears was a great experience to base bouldering on... I found out I can send at least 10 problems v7 and higher in a day. . Not to mention it was my first time to be at Hound Ears. So, now when I go to a local crag, I should have no problem to do the same EVERY time.

I agree with a Handy Cap given to the locals at each crags. Like I said, 10 of my best shouldn't be hard to repeat since it's 45 min from the house. I wouldn't want to compete if I went across the country to compete, and know I was going to lose to the locals. I know on routes, that I have dialed, I can climb and feel absolute NO fatigue....

I don't know where this was going. But here is a video of me doing Cadillac Thrills at HP40. This thing is really good, and was a big feat for me. Last January I couldn't do the first move, I haven't been back on it until yesterday. Went down in the fastest manner of 3 tries!!! Psyched..
http://www.facebook.com/l.php?u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DCzrxNJkX6zE&h=031301dc4c8c08b458ea0dcf7bba48a4
Thanks Chris for the video!

No comments:

Post a Comment